Applying to Battery Park Montessori
Applications for the 2023-2024 school year are open! In order to tour or apply, you will be required to login to our new admissions portal. You will receive credentials to do so when you complete the inquiry form. Get started here.
If you are already an enrolled family, please use your current login information from your Veracross parent portal to access our admissions portal where you will be able to add a new application for siblings and view next steps needed.
Limited spaces are available for mid-year start for the current school year. Please contact email@example.com to inquire about joining this year!
Rolling Admissions & Age Cut Offs
Battery Park Montessori is pleased to accept applications and offer admission decisions on a rolling basis for students eligible by December 31* of the year they enroll. You can apply year-round and receive a decision in a short timeframe. This application process is particularly friendly to our international relocating families and other whose circumstances do not necessarily fit the traditional NYC private school admissions calendar, known as the ISAAGNY calendar.
*Children entering our Nursery / Twos program must turn 2 before beginning their phase-in. Please contact our Admissions team for detailed options.
Please join us! We have several tours and open houses scheduled for interested families. Get started by filling out an inquiry form here.
Current Program Offerings
NURSERY / ONES (1 year olds) - Enrolling for 2023-2024!
Full day (8:30am-2:30pm) | Students must turn one and one day before beginning their phase-in.
NURSERY / TWOS (2 year olds)
Full day (8:30am-2:30pm) | Students must turn two before December 31st and begin phase-in after their 2nd birthday.
CASA DEI BAMBINI / PRESCHOOL & KINDERGARTEN (3 to 5 year olds)
Full day (8:30am-2:30pm) | Students must turn three, four, or five before December 31st.
- Submit an inquiry form and set up a profile in Veracross to manage your admissions process
- Schedule & attend a School Tour (attendance by at least one parent/guardian is required)
- Attend an Open House (optional)
- Submit $100 application fee (non-refundable) & parent questionnaire
- Schedule and attend:
- Nursery 1s: Onsite family class meeting (student and parents) with Head of School and Admissions Director
- Nursery 2s: Onsite playgroup visit with Head of School and Admissions Director & virtual parent meeting
- Casa (3-5y): Onsite playgroup visit with Head of School and Admissions Director & virtual parent meeting
In order to begin your application process, you will be required to login to our new admissions portal. You will receive credentials to do so when you complete the inquiry form. Get started here.
Contact our Admissions team with any questions!
About Rolling Admissions
Battery Park Montessori follows a rolling admissions process that allows families to make decisions seamlessly about their school choices for the coming year.
Once the admissions application and supplementary materials have been received and admissions steps completed, families can expect a decision notification promptly.
Rolling Admissions Cycles
- All admissions steps complete by Monday, November 14, 2022 | Decisions sent on Thursday, November 17, 2022
- All admissions steps complete by Monday, December 12, 2022 | Decisions sent on Thursday, December 15, 2022
- All admissions steps complete by Friday, January 13, 2023 | Decisions sent on Thursday, January 19, 2023
- All admissions steps complete by Friday, February 10, 2023 | Decisions sent on Thursday, February 16, 2023
- All admissions steps complete by Monday, March 13, 2023 | Decisions sent on Thursday, March 16, 2023
When accepted, a family is offered an enrollment agreement and has two weeks to review, ask questions, and to sign the document in order to enroll their child. Limited extensions to the review period may be requested with good reason.
Applying to Both Sister Schools
Battery Park Montessori has a sister school – Pine Street School – just a short walk from us, in the heart of the Financial District. While each school offers unique programming, they are joined pedagogically by our belief that students learn best when empowered to be independent and active participants in their own learning. Visit the website for our sister school to better understand the options you have and view a comparison of our two programs.
We invite you to consider both of our schools if your child is entering a Twos or Preschool Program. You can find more information about applying to our sister school, Pine Street School, here. The application requirements are unique to each school, so please take time to review those requirements carefully.
You must apply to each school separately. Once requirements are completed for a school, you will receive an admissions decision for that school according to the schedule. If your child is admitted, you will have two weeks (14 calendar days) to accept the invitation to enroll in that school. If we do not receive your acceptance in that timeframe, we will offer that spot to another family. If you receive admission to one of our schools but wish to wait for the decision from the sister school, you may do so, but please bear in mind the two-week decision timeframe does not change. If you do have a preference of one sister school over the other, kindly let us know before both applications are considered.